Nutrition plays a powerful role in maintaining health and ameliorating the progress of disease. Yet, too often, the role of nutrition is overlooked or even dismissed by medical practitioners.
This workshop is designed to enhance doctors’ appreciation of nutrition’s role in health maintenance, in disease-prevention and in supporting the body’s metabolism to fight disease.
Graduates of this workshop will be able to:
1) Identify common foods that: benefit health status and disadvantage health
2) Recognise common health disorders amenable to dietary and nutrient modulation
3) Perform a nutritional assessment, utilising currently available assessment tools
4) Derive nutritional information from commonly performed blood pathology tests
5) Devise their own clinical protocol to undertake nutritional assessment in high-risk patient
Prof. Mel Sydney-Smith, MB BS PhD FACNEM
Dr. Ashley Berry, MB BS Grad Dip (Nutrition)
Click here for more information and to register.